Wednesday 17 April 2013

Will this do for now?

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again" - quite possibly the most clichéd quote used to motivate someone to maintain the never-say-die attitude. I thought of it today when I was blindsided by writer's block on the very second day of this poor little blog's foray into the competitive blogosphere. Out of curiosity, I did some research and found that American educator Thomas H. Palmer (in the eighteenth century) penned these words in his 'Teacher's Manual' to motivate schoolchildren to complete their homework.
Tis a lesson you should heed, try, try again. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Another brilliant soul, comedian W.C.Fields extrapolated this to:

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

I am not going to quit. No way. But I am done trying for today, and this is what I've come up with. Maybe I'll succeed tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. This is a cop-out :) Quoting other people to pad out your post? tch tch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I not conceding defeat in the very last sentence? That counts for something, doesn't it? :)

      Delete